Wednesday, August 11, 2010

CKC Charlotte, here I come!!!!

I am so excited to go to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Charlotte again this year.  This will be my second year and I am doing things a little different this year.  Since I learned last year that there are such things as make and takes I will be planning on taking the time to do some.   I think this is a good opportunity to be introduced to new techniques and tools without having to jump right in and invest in something you 1) don't know how to use, and 2) find you may not even like.   I am also taking a class this year.  I am going to take Tami Potter's Falling for Mosaic Moments - Advanced Techniques (check it out HERE).  Her system is so awesome.  I saw it for the first time at last year's convention, and just love the options and the mathematics about it (I know, sounds weird LOL).  I am very stoked about truly getting a class on it not just a 5 minute demo that is not hands on.  I hope to have some great pics to use this technique on very soon.  See, I just finalized plans to go to New York, NY in Oct with my Mom to celebrate her 60th birthday.  My cousin is currently living in NY City and so she (and her husband) is going to show us around.  She even talked her Mom (my favorite Aunt) into coming too!  I am bursting at the seams.  We are going to see the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Top of the Rock, we are taking a Harbor Lights Cruise, seeing Central Park, eating at Serendipity3, and we are going to try to fit in a few other stops.  We are going to have a fun-filled, siteseeing packed trip.  I think this is going to be a great head start to our 9 day Exotic Western Caribbean Christmas cruise :). 

I would like to take a minute to thank the Lord for all the ways has blessed me!  I have a great family, a great career that allows me to do the expensive hobbies I have decied to love such as paper crafting, scuba diving, traveling and photography, the talent (not to sound arrogant here-I mean I am not the best, but I think I do ok) he gave me for my hobby of paper crafting, and let's not forget my so far good health.  Glory to God!  You ARE the Man!  I promise without you, I am NOTHING!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at CKC. I wish I could go, but have to work Saturday and money is a little tight right now anyways. Maybe one year I'll go. Hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have met you this weekend. I had an amazing time attending my first convention. I hope we meet again next year!

    ReplyDelete