Monday, December 21, 2009

A Thank You...!

You know these days it seems hard to find a teenager with a good sense of work ethic or one with a giving heart. Well today I found one…well I already knew him, but I have gained a new respect for him and was proud to know him. This may seem little to most, but it just touched my heart, so I thought I would share.

To make a long story short…because of all the snow we had over the weekend and the lack of direct sunlight on my driveway and that the four wheel drive is not working on my Envoy, I got stuck trying to get out of my driveway this morning. While trying to get names of people I could call to plow my driveway a friend offered up her teenage son to come shovel my driveway. He showed up and shoveled my driveway and when he was done he told me to call him if I had anymore problems and he would come right back. I handed him $20 and he refused to take it and said “I consider it community service”. SERIOUSLY?! A 15 year old boy just turned down twenty bucks AND called it community service! I begged him to take it and he just absolutely refused. I told him I didn’t expect him to do this for nothing and he just shook his head and shrugged his shoulders.

I decided that I would make him a thank you card and go ahead and send the money in it anyway. Good guys deserve good things! He is one of the good guys. So here is the card I whipped up this afternoon…I thought the snowflakes border was fitting J.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. We have many young men like that in our church, including my son. He's 16yrs old, and always carries my grocery bags, opens the car door for me and helps many seniors or couples with young children in our community, never asking for anything in return. They're out there, you just have to look.
    Kate W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "Amen". What a wonderful story. It is hard to believe a teenager would turn down 1 dollar let alone 20. He will cherish your card for life. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi, you're just too sweet!! But thanks for bragging on him. He makes his Mama proud and I LOVED the card too!!

    ReplyDelete