Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday Present for 5 Year Old Niece

So my outgoing, energetic five year old niece tells me about a month ago that she wants a “pink guitar with real strings” for her birthday. Well, after searching around I found a guitar that was the right size and the right price (I mean she is five!). Unfortunately it wasn’t pink. As I was standing there contemplating whether I wanted to spend the time spray painting it and worrying it may damage the instrument, a light bulb came on! PINK VINYL!!! BUTTERFLIES, FLOWERS, GLITTER!!! CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIICUT!!!!!! That was it! I knew exactly what to do to girly it up. Here is what I came up with…I thought it would be cool to put her first and middle name on it too…isn’t her name the perfect rock star name? Emma Raye, rocker chick. Isn’t it the coolest?! She sure thought so. Scored some points for Uncle Alan and Aunt Brandi! Here are before and after pics…

1 comment:

  1. You did a beautiful job! Something I would have done for my daughter too. I bet she really thinks she's a rockstar now ;). Which is one thing my daughter wants to be when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete