Saturday, June 5, 2010

Holy Mackerel...he's 19!

My oldest nephew just turned 19.  I had a card made for him that I just wasn’t loving.  It really is a challenge making cards for guys!  Then I saw it…the perfect card for him.  It was the customer spotlight card in the May 18th issue of the Cricut Chirp Newsletter.  I HAD to scrap lift it, and as the rule goes…give credit where credit is due. You see my nephew eats, sleeps and breathes fishing; making this card a perfect fit.  Of course I changed it up a little and didn’t use some of the cartridges that Ms. Nooren Pierce used.  I decided to use a real fishing lure dangling from the rod, instead of the age she used.  I tried to get a more realistic look by using a silver shimmering ink pad I had (I hope you can see it in the pics).  I thought it turned out super cute and he loved it, which is all that mattered.

1 comment: